Friday, April 15, 2011

50

"And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you." Isaiah 46:4

"Whatever your hand finds to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or device or knowledge or wisdom in the grave where you are going." Ecclesiastes 9:10

"I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread." Psalm 37:25

"For I know the plans I have for you,” says the LORD. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11

April 15, 1961. I was born in Jacksonville Florida. I just seems like yesterday. Some days I still feel like a kid. But most days I feel every minute of 50 plus. But I really think a birthday should be a day of reflection and examination. What have I done with my life for Christ. How have I reflected God in my life for others to see. How can I do these things better. And more than that a birthday should be a day to count all of those blessings, God has given that we take for granted on a daily bases. Think about this verse and what it means to you in your life:

"And even to your old age I am he; and even to hoar hairs will I carry you: I have made, and I will bear; even I will carry, and will deliver you." Isaiah 46:4

Thank you Lord for carrying me when I could not walk, for hearing me when I could not speak, and for delivering me to the other side of my trials in one piece and stronger than when I started. This is what it means to me in my life. No matter my earthly age, he has promised me all these things, what more do I need.

Psalm 139:16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.

This verse is very comforting to me. God has a plan for my life, has always had a plan for my life. And I can only hope that the choices I have made have pleased him and that I have shown his Glory and Blessing on my life to everyone. I hope even in my mistakes I have leaned on him and learned from him. So even though today I am turning 50, it doesn't mean my journey is finished. It doesn't mean I get to coast the rest of the way to Heaven. It really means I need to be more conscious of my action and how I am representing God. I need to be working harder for Christ. I can't slow down just because of a number on a calender, I have to work harder. At 50 I know I have lived more than half of my life, if we just go by the numbers, but I really need to be ready to meat my Saviour today because I am not promised my next breath. So I wish everyone a Blessed Day and if you Don't know My Saviour Jesus Christ I would invite you to meet him, this would be the greatest gift that anyone could give me on my birthday. Love all of y'all. Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment