Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Wisdom

I have been wondering WHY, I haven't had anything pressing on me to Blog about. Usually it has to do with something that is really on my mind and that I just can't get rid of till I write about it. But the last few weeks I have had nothing. The same with my cards. I love making cards and sending them to my Church family and my Community. As I hear of sickness and struggles or just something silly that I want to brighten someones day. As you have probably heard the United Postal Service is nearly bankrupt and I take some of the responsibility for that because the cards have not been flying out of my house like they were for a little while. But I like to wait for God to let me know what I need to write and where I need to send a card. And I just plain ole haven't gotten a message lately. I have stamp, ink, paper, envelopes, just waiting for the go ahead.

So this morning the thought came to me," maybe you need to be studying my word(you know the HOLY BIBLE) right now". Could that be a clue. And I believe that is right. Because I have had Wisdom on my mind a lot the last few weeks, and we started lessons Sunday in Sunday school about Wisdom and then Brother David brought his message and their was a lot of Wisdom talk. Then Sunday night I was so tired and we had been to the Freeman's and I thought I'm not going to Church to night. But something urged me to go, because were going to Windcreek State Park the next 2 weekends and then the IVIG treatment starts the day after we get home. So it will probably be 3 weeks before I'm back in my Church. So I got on up and went and was soooooooooo Blessed by God. Brother David read 1Corinthians chapter 1 & 2. And we had the most wonderful discussion about Wisdom. Willard Moore our Sunday school teacher said we were getting all over the next several weeks lessons. Then it hit me, this is for me. And I need the next 3 weeks to dig and read and study and ponder God's words on Wisdom.

I, have not Wisdom, oh I have sense enough to get out of the rain. But that is about the natural man. I feel like Rodney and I are pretty wise with out money, because we don't have much, but it's always enough. But that is a Blessing from God, not really about anything Rodney or I do. I'm thinking about my Spiritual Wisdom. So I changeling everyone who might read this to ponder and read and study God's Word the next 3 weeks on the subject of Wisdom. I plan to, I hope to have a conversation with y'all about God's Wisdom. And why we will never really attain true Wisdom till we reach Heaven, because this ole person I will get in the way. I will be moving forward and then all the sudden I shows up and I get all STUPID AND CRAZY. So this was what was on my mind this morning and I hope it will be a help to you. The scripture below is from the NIV HOLY BIBLE. This is just a portion of what Brother David read to us Sunday night. And when you read this and see all the spelled words and grammar errors, you will understand a little how God could use the Foolish to confound the Wise.


1 Corinthians 18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 19 For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;

the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”[c]

20 Where is the wise person? Where is the teacher of the law? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world? 21 For since in the wisdom of God the world through its wisdom did not know him, God was pleased through the foolishness of what was preached to save those who believe. 22 Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, 23 but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, 24 but to those whom God has called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God. 25 For the foolishness of God is wiser than human wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential; not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore, as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”

No comments:

Post a Comment