Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Joy to the World The Lord is Born

Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.2:12 And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.2:13 And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 2:14 Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

Psalms 100:1 Make a joyful noise unto the LORD, all ye lands.100:2 Serve the LORD with gladness: come before his presence with singing.100:3 Know ye that the LORD he is God: it is he that hath made us, and not we ourselves; we are his people, and the sheep of his pasture.100:4 Enter into his gates with thanksgiving, and into his courts with praise: be thankful unto him, and bless his name.100:5 For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.

Alright I know what your all think, Lisa has lost her mind again and poor thing doesn't even know what season it is. OK I know it's February 2011. And we have packed up all our Christmas decorations. And we have had a gloomy January with Snow Storms and much rain. So Why "I bring you GOOD tidings of GREAT Joy". Well I have been pondering Joy. And I think I finally have a little handle of what it means in my life. The song below tells us all about Joy and how to find it. But are we really looking for it. This is a dark and gloomy day, and I'm sitting here with a heart monitor on my chest. I Did not sleep much last night because of the monitor, pulling and being so heavy. So I would kinda say I was down a little bit this monring. Then I thought "Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people." Wow with that promise do we really need more, we must because God so richly gave us many, for the taking if you have our Saviour Jesus Christ, living in your heart. That is the key to Joy is living in our hearts. This song below says it so much better than I ever could , please read it and think on it.

Joy Unspeakable
I have found the pleasure I once craved,
It is joy and peace within;I have found His grace is all complete,
He supplieth every need;
While I sit and learn at Jesus’ feet,
I am free, yes, free indeed.

What a wondrous blessing, I am saved
From the awful gulf of sin.
I have found that hope so bright and clear,
Living in the realm of grace;
Oh, the Savior’s presence is so near,
I can see His smiling face.

I have found the joy no tongue can tell,
How its waves of glory roll;
It is like a great o’erflowing well,
Springing up within my soul.

Refrain:
It is joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Full of glory, full of glory;
It is joy unspeakable and full of glory,
Oh, the half has never yet been told.

If we have a really a personal relationship with Jesus, we could have nothing but Joy in our hears. This doesn't mean we will never have trouble and trials, bad days, broken appliance's. sickness, death and every other bad thing we can think of. It never promised complete happiness. To me happiness is a fleeting thing. We are bad to say when I get so and so accomplished I will be happy, but the problem with that is when you get one thing accomplished there's always 2 more to take its place. But with JOY from Jesus Christ and God, it is always their bubbling up in our soul and giving us peace from to face those obstacle we consider in our way. If I concreted more on the Joy in my heart and what God wants me to do with it then I get that fleeting thing called happiness. Joy is a gift from God that no one can take aways from you, but sometimes we give it up to easily, when we feel beat down, but that is why we should examine out heart everyday and not let our Joy get missed place. Joy brings us Peace in a time of trouble. Where is you Joy, did you pack it away with your Christmas decoration, or do you keep it near and dear to your heart. I can promise you one thing if we hang on to our Joy the things of life are so much easier to deal with. You might not find happiness when your laying on the couch sick, but the Joy of Jesus Christ, the Holy Spirit and God our Father, is waiting there to give us that Joy and Peace in our heart,when we find our selves in situations we cannot handle on our own.And it is the easiest thing to acquire, because all we have to do is ask God to live in our hearts. "Luke 2:10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.2:11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord." I love you all and my prayer for you to day is that you let your Joy shine thru and lift someone else up. Yours in the Joy of Christ, Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment