Friday, May 20, 2011

WHAT A FRIEND

and What a Friend We have in Jesus (Text: Joseph M. Scriven, 1820-1886
Music: Charles C. Converse, 1832-1918 )

1. What a friend we have in Jesus,
all our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry
everything to God in prayer!
O what peace we often forfeit,
O what needless pain we bear,
all because we do not carry
everything to God in prayer.

2. Have we trials and temptations?
Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful
who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness;
take it to the Lord in prayer.

3. Are we weak and heavy laden,
cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge;
take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee?
Take it to the Lord in prayer!
In his arms he'll take and shield thee;
thou wilt find a solace there.

What precious words, what simple words, what easy words. My goodness, I fall so short of this song. What a privilege it is to be able to talk to our Lord Jesus Christ. He is just waiting on us to come to him with our heavy hearts, and the peace that can only come through his love and our total faith in him.

I believe, that most of us believe these words. But do our action show others where our faith and hope lies, with our Saviour Jesus. I know I fall short daily to take may cares to God. I guess I think that the trouble and trials that bother me are just so little and insignificant to bother
God with. Then it bears on me and bears on me and when I finally go to him in prayer, and he takes care of whatever my issue might be, he will ask me why have you been hanging on tho this when you could have been living in peace. So I guess what I really want to say with this is God cares about everything, and I mean everything. He cares when I stump my toe, when I'm upset because my little dog is sick. when my life seems so turned up side down. when I'm worried about Leslie being tired from working every day. Justin on top of those power poles. Anna and all her health issues and Chelsea and her weird rash. And the fact that they both want a mate to live their lives with and many babies. Joshua having job security, Amy at the bank behind that teller window. Rodney out in that big truck day after day with all thoses crazy people. I know God knows all of this. I know he will answer all of our prayers, so why do I forget to ask for peace and comfort for them. This is my failure it is not God's. I'm going to start trying .with my human heart to remember the words to this song and try to stop forfeiting the peace and hope that can only come from God. hope this makes sense to everyone. What kind of Friend are you to Jesus. I'm not a very good one so please help me to become the best friend he ever had, because I know he is the BEST Friend I'm ever going to have.

Oh, and I do want everyone to understand that I understand Peace. Peace is when our hearts are right with God and a comforts our soul no matter what troubles and trial come my way. There are never times when we are not struggling with human things. But we can carry that peace and joy In our hearts and make it through the bad times with a smile on our face, because we know you controls everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment