Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Horrible Week :) there is a time for everything : even Green Monsters

This was the best part of my week. :)



Well I guess I'm to the point I can laugh, so I thought I'd share with yall, the reasons last week was so horrible that I threw my self that big ole pitty party. As everyone knows I get the lovely IVIG ( immunogoliblin G, someone elses antiboties) every 4 weeks. And one of the best friends I've ever had, Kerry Quinn, comes and spends 3 six hour days with me in a row. We have a blast between the headache and nasuea. We watch movies, catch up on each others lives and solove all the worlds problems. This was the first treatment I was having since I became a Grammy to our sweet Logan, and we had a lot to catch up. And I knew I would not get to see him for several days, so Rodney took me over there Monday and I got to spend the afternoon with our little man while his mom, dad, and Grump all got a nap. Could not have planned it better if I had tried. So Monday was great. Then bright and early on Tuesday Kerry comes, and I get a truck load of pre-medications so that I can live through the headache and nasuea. Well we didn't have my Toradol. My fault. I had ordered it but had not remebered to have Rodney pick it up. Kerry was very concerned about strating the IVIG with out it being here. So I had to call the pharmacy to make sure it was ordered and then call Super MAMA and her and daddy went to Gadsden to get it. Of course we went ahead and started the IVIG with everything else in our arsnel of pre medication. This includes 80mg of steriods on the first day. I know most everyone has had a steriod shot or takes a dose pack and kinda know what it dose to you. HYPER to the point of MANIC is the only words I can think of to describe how it affects me. And I don't sleep the frist night at all. I had a superduper headache and nasuea was so bad I threw up for the first time in months and months. We lost power, in the last little bit of a movie Kerry and I were watching, and when it was time for her to go home, it was total slience in my house. I think i've told y'all before I don't care very much for silence. I raised 4 loud children, kept Laura's 2 and a couple more and I thrive on loud chaos. That is one place me and Laura are different she loves the slience and solitude, and I just hate it. So Kerry came her 3 days. We had a great time other than the headache and nasuea. Rodney went to see Logan Wednesday afternoon to take him his tree. That's another story. But I thought that was a foul, he should not have gotten to see little man with out me. I know I'm being petty and jelous and God really frowns on those traits. But lets be honest, I was petty and jelous. Then Chelsea and Anna went to see Logan on Thursday evening after they got off work. I know they had not seen him since the weekend but it didnot help the green monster that lives inside of me. Then came Friday, the last day Laura would be home for over 2 weeks and she had wanted Mama, Me and Her to all do something together that day, before she flew off into the wild blue yonder on Saturday. Yeah, you guessed right I had a 101 fever witch is normal, the headache with is normal and horrible nasuea witch has gotten to not be normal. So I didnot get to go with Mama and Laura. They ran into Justin, Leslie and Logan in walmart. Green Monster rears its ugly head again. So here we had the perfect storm for me to be feeling very sorry for my self. It dosn't take much to get me there these days anyway. It had stormed the ground was good and wet, I was by my self, with a 101 temp. feeling pretty yuck. And Bitz needed to go potty. As you all know she is very very very spoiled...lol...to put it mildly and will not go off the porch unless I do. So my plan was to go down a couple steps, fake her out and sit on the steps and let her be out side and do her business. The best laid plans of mice and men...lol... I stepped wrong on the bottom step, yall all know I fall down all the time. Well you got it right I fell,my right foot went up under me and made a loud pop, remember I like loud so God gave me a little taste of a different loud. I fell backwards on the to steps and hit hard with my left buttocks. The sun was out bright and hot. And I couldn't get up. Oh i'll call someone to help me get up. Oh yeah I left my cell phone on the table. But who would I call if I had it. Mama and Laura were gone, they were looking at my baby in Walmart. Rodney and the girls were at work. I know Javin would have come and helped me BUT I didn't have a phone. And I think if I had of screamed all day he would have been too far away to have heard me. So I was stuck. Head pounding, nasuea like you wouldnot beileve, pain in my foot so intense it brought tears, and my butt hurt. So I sat and sat and sat for about 45 minutes, until my strenght came back enough to pull my self up the steps, of course Bitz was trying to help :) Myasthenia Gravis is an evil thing, becasue it weekens the muscles and the more you try to use them the weeker they become. So I would say it was about an hour and a half ordeal and only one car came by the whole time. I waved big but I guess they just thought I was being freindly, cause they didn't even slow down. Threw up when I finally got in the house. Cried the rest of the afternoon, so I was a pleasure to be around when Rodney and the girls got home that evening. I didn't tell them I fell, but you can't fool Rodney Freeman he wanted to know why I was limping and I said I fell taking Bitz out. Then he lectured me about the steps for the millionth time. Oh yeah and it was a holiday weekend and those are always hard for me. Because I try to be the good mother and don't make plans so my married children are not pulled in 2 different directions. I figure if they want to see me they will come. And I do get them for their birthdays. Sunday I didn't get to go to Church, but that is usaual, but I think the Green Monster should have went, it needed a good preaching to. The girls had to work and the minute they got home they left to go to Church with Justin,  Leslie and Logan because they were having fireworks at their church and refreshments after, which I'm sure was a lot more fun than sitting with the Green Monster. I was still not feel great Monday but Rodney and the girls were home and cooked ribs and made homemade strawberry ice cream. That was nice. Joshua and Amy stopped by on their way home. And Justin got to spend the weekend home with his new family. So it all worked out the way it was suspose to. My foot is still swollen, but i've used my x-ray vision and nothing is broken except my pride. I look like some took a sharpe and drew a big black line straight across my left buttocks. So to sum my week up, it was horrible, but it was the week I was suspose to have. And I don't understand the ways of God but I do know he know the whole story, from begining to ending and when I get to heaven if I take time from praising God he may share the why with me, but by then I don't think i'll even care, it will just be a little blip in the time I spent on earth. Maybe it was to let me see that I can still cry, because it has been a long time since I have made tears. And tears are good to wash the soul. I do believe Ecclesiastes 3. There is a time for everything. And I'm sure my time to laugh is coming. Writing this has helped me take stock of my life and maybe put the Green Monster in its place for a while. I'm sure I will see it again because i'm just human. I think that is the point I want to make with this. We are all just human, we are just sinners saved by the Blood of Jesus Christ. And there is a time in our lives for every emotion, and sometimes its good to cry. And we know only God can beat that Green Monster i've read the book and we do win in the end.

Ecclesiastes 3



1To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:

2A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;

3A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;

4A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;

5A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;

6A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;

7A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;

8A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace.

9What profit hath he that worketh in that wherein he laboureth?

10I have seen the travail, which God hath given to the sons of men to be exercised in it.

11He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end.

12I know that there is no good in them, but for a man to rejoice, and to do good in his life.

13And also that every man should eat and drink, and enjoy the good of all his labour, it is the gift of God.

14I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him.

15That which hath been is now; and that which is to be hath already been; and God requireth that which is past.

16And moreover I saw under the sun the place of judgment, that wickedness was there; and the place of righteousness, that iniquity was there.

17I said in mine heart, God shall judge the righteous and the wicked: for there is a time there for every purpose and for every work.

18I said in mine heart concerning the estate of the sons of men, that God might manifest them, and that they might see that they themselves are beasts.

19For that which befalleth the sons of men befalleth beasts; even one thing befalleth them: as the one dieth, so dieth the other; yea, they have all one breath; so that a man hath no preeminence above a beast: for all is vanity.

20All go unto one place; all are of the dust, and all turn to dust again.

21Who knoweth the spirit of man that goeth upward, and the spirit of the beast that goeth downward to the earth?

22Wherefore I perceive that there is nothing better, than that a man should rejoice in his own works; for that is his portion: for who shall bring him to see what shall be after him?

No comments:

Post a Comment