Saturday, June 20, 2020

The Big C

We all know when we here the BIG C word it turns our insides to mush. Even though we know EVEN IF God choose not to give a miracle it will be OK. Because we get to go to Heaven. But the BIG C is some how just terrifying. The reason this is on my mind is because it’s time for my 6 month check up with Dr. Jindal. My Thyroid doctor. As I’ve said ever since they found that stage 3 cancer on my thyroid my tumor markers have never been zero. A year ago on my ultrasound showed a 7 mm dense nodule. I called it my little pearl. I haven’t worried about it because 6 months ago my tumor markers had dropped to an all time low at 42 IU’s. So I was just be bopping along this time when I went to have the ultrasound and blood work not concerned in the least. Much to my dismay things have really changed. It was an oh moment when I looked up my ultrasound report. Yeah of course I looked at it before I went to the doctor. What do you think those portals are for. It showed 3 nodules and they were 1.9 cm, 1.1cm, 0.6cm . It take 2.5 cm to make an inch. It takes 10mm to make 1 cm. So 3 dense nodules instead of one and cm instead of mm. This concerned me, but I wasn’t going to worry until the tumor markers numbers came back. They weren’t 42 any more they had jumped to 112IU’s which as Dr Jindal said was a significant jump. So I’m being sent for a lovely test where I will be shot up with radiation 3 days in a row and on the 3rd day I’ll have a whole body scan and blood work. We’re looking too see if there is cancer anywhere else in my body and seeing if the 3 “nodules “ are cancer or fibroid tissue. But I really can’t see fibroid tissues causing my tumor markers go up. But you know me I don’t do anything normal. He said I could be looking at another neck surgery and we would know for sure what when I go back to see him July 27. Say a prayer that every thing goes smooth and that we all say EVEN IF.

No comments:

Post a Comment