Thursday, April 2, 2020

You Can’t Handle the Truth

This was a memory that showed up today. I don’t know if the Covid-19 is effecting our military, but I would think so. And they are essential, to our freedom and I’m pretty sure they can’t stay 6 feet apart. And our Government needs to put politics aside, and work together. Stop the fighting. Just for a few weeks people, it want kill either political party. Just saying. 

Col. Jessup: ( From the movie "A FEW GOOD MEN")   “You can't handle the truth! Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and you curse the Marines. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know, that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives! You don't want the truth, because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that wall. You need me on that wall. We use words like "honor", "code", "loyalty". We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it! I would rather you just said "thank you", and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon, and stand a post. “

In this movie this was the bad guy. I wish we had some leaders of our country that could say these word with the convection that was shown in the movie. I want to say "THANK YOU TO ALL THE MEN AND WOMEN, WHO ARE PROTECTING OUR VERY FREEDOMS, THAT WE TAKE FOR GRANTED. AND I PRAY THAT OUR GOVERNMENT WOULD STOP THE PERSECUTION OUR BELIEF IN JESUS CHRIST AS OUR SAVIOR. The United States of America is a land that needs some healing.

2 Chronicles 7:14 (KJV)
14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

I'm sorry but I just can't see this happening. First off who among us are really truly humble by the direction that our Holy Bible gives us, I'm the first one to say guilty. And then it tells us to pray, I believe that my walk with Jesus should be so close that I don't  have to spend the first 10 minutes of MY pray asking for forgiveness for all the wrong I have done the in the last hour, so that my prayers will get past the ceiling of my home. We have to have that humble heart and every thing between Jesus and I should be right according to our Holy Bible. And seek my face, my oh my, how earnestly do we pray, do we seek his face in our prayers, or do you just pray by habit, and really don't seek a one on one relationship with Jesus. You have to have a personal, up close relationship with Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior, to even be close to seeking his face.  Woe and give up our wicked ways, WOW this is a biggy.  First we need to take a personal inventory of our lives and walk with Jesus and admit our wicked ways (this is called asking for forgiveness from our sins, but we have to recognize the sins before we can ask for forgiveness and then turn away from that sin and not pick it back up) and we all have wicked ways according to the Holy Bible.

Isaiah 64:6 (KJV)
6 But we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousnesses are as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.

Then and only then will we hear from heaven, we have to be listening to hear from heaven, we can't pick and choose what we need to hear. It just doesn't work that way. We have to be a humble, to even hear his voice. Sometimes we think what we want is God's will, when really we want God to give in and give us what we think we need. Some times the best answer to one of our prayers is "NO". God's will is perfect for our lives if we will just listen to what he has to say. And will forgive their sins, and will heal their land.  This is a promise from God, if he makes a promise to us he never ever takes it back. In the world I live in now their must not very many of us, Calling his name, Humbling our selves, Praying with a will heart to do what he needs us to do, are we Seeking his face, I don't think so.

No comments:

Post a Comment