Thursday, January 28, 2010

Trip to North Carolina


Trip to North Carolina
We have just made a trip to North Carolina to see my Grandmother. Mamaw is 95 years old, it doesn’t seem real. She is a little more unsteady on her feet and harder of hearing than ever. I was kinda of glad of this Saturday, I think if she could have heard well, we would have gotten on her nerves. I got to see all my female cousins except for Angie, and she live a pretty good way away. I was glad to be able to spend a little time with LaDonna and Greg who lost their mother this last year, we grew up with them always being a Mamaw's and were very close growing up. I hate I did not get to go to Aunt Mildred’s funeral and was glad to get to see them. Darlene, Amy, Lori, Adrianne and her girls and Amy and Lori's children. They are so grown up. Nessa and your sweet little boy came over and spent some time with us Saturday morning. And Cortney and Megan and their families all came. Uncle Paul, Aunt Nancy and Janet, and Aunt Doris and Rodger were also there. It was wonderful Chaos, one of my favorite things. I so enjoyed my visit. I rode up with Mama and Daddy and home on Sunday with Laura and Nolan. I don't think I was too much trouble to Laura and Nolan because I slept the whole way home. Only woke up for bathroom breaks and to eat. Maybe my snoring didn't drive them too crazy. The when I got home, I started taking sick on Mondays afternoon. Had to call the doctor on Tuesday, am back on antibiotic and steroid dose pack. Of course, cough was a little better yesterday but no sleep for me last night. Was so glad to get to see so many of my family, so I haven’t seen in about 6 years. I am just worn out today and have been this way all week, but it was worth the effort. We saw Jessica, John Mark, Chloe and Joel off to the first phase of their grand adventure. This is how I think of there upcoming trip. I ask for prayers for them, prayers for me and all my family. Love everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment