Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Have I done my job, raising my children.

127:3 Lo, children are an heritage of the LORD: and the fruit of the womb is his reward.
127:4 As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth.
127:5 Happy is the man that hath his quiver full of them: they shall not be ashamed, but they shall speak with the enemies in the gate.

22:1 A GOOD name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold.
22:2 The rich and poor meet together: the LORD is the maker of them all.
22:3 A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself: but the simple pass on, and are punished.
22:4 By humility and the fear of the LORD are riches, and honour, and life.
22:5 Thorns and snares are in the way of the froward: he that doth keep his soul shall be far from them.
22:6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

6:1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.
6:2 Honour thy father and mother; which is the first commandment with promise; 6:3 That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
6:4 And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath: but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.


Today my babies turn 21 years old. WOW. It just seems like yesterday that I was going on my first date with Rodney Sylvester Freeman. That was 29 short years ago. With the girls turning 21, it has made me sad. I know I cried all day when Joshua turned 13, because I knew a had such limited time left with him and I was worried, had I given him the tools to live his life as a good honest human being. Had I done everything in my power to see that he knew Jesus and had a personal relationship with him. When Justin turned 13 it was not as hard, I had already crossed that bridge. I think with him it hit me the hardest the day he graduated high school. He was walking away from me following his daddy back to the car for something. Had I done my job, was I sending him into the world with the main things that he would need to be a good honorable human being. Had I shown him Jesus, and made sure he had that most precious personal relationship with Jesus. All the other things that we teach our children are important. But if we teach them about Jesus and the 2 most important commandments then we have done our job. If they live their lives by these, they will always have the hand of God to guide them on their journay thru this evil world we live in. They will not have trial and tribulations, but they will know where to go for help in dealing with anything that comes along. Have I done my job.

12:28 And one of the scribes came, and having heard them reasoning together, and perceiving that he had answered them well, asked him, Which is the first commandment of all? 12:29 And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord: 12:30 And thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind, and with all thy strength: this is the first commandment.
12:31 And the second is like, namely this, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. There is none other commandment greater than these.

Now I'm feeling sad again. My babies are 21 today. I the fear had not hit me until yesterday. I cried a good bit on the way back from Wind Creek yesterday. Have I given them the skills they will need to be successful in the real world? And by successful I mean knowing and using these 2 great commandments. They are wonderful people honest, caring, happy, cheerful, helpful, and many, many other wonderful qualities. But have I done my job. The weight of this should bare on each and every parent. Have we given our children Jesus. The most important gift there can be.

Right now my children have made me proud, they have not made too many bad decisions in their, lives ( yes Joshua this includes you too). There has been nothing so sever that with God's help we were able to get thru it. I want to Thank God today for the privilege to have been their mother. I hope that one day they can Thank God that I was their mother. But this is something that only time will tell. So far so good. I pray each day for each one of them and the boys wonderful spouses. That they will let the light of Jesus shine in their lives and never hid that light under and basket.

I love you Joshua, Justin, Chelsea and Anna and now I also have Leslie and Amy to include in my love and in my family. My most fervent prayer is that I have given y'all the most important thing for your life. Jesus Christ as your living saviour, and have shown you how to have a relationship with him on a minute by minute basis for the rest of your lives. And I will try to live my life in a do as I do manner and not a do as I say, because I know that y'all are watching me, but now that your adults, their is someone out there watching you. Is your light shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment