Thursday, July 28, 2011

About My Sweet Anna( Or as she is know at home Eeyore)



Two quotes from Eeyore "

"It's snowing still," said Eeyore gloomily.
"So it is." said Pooh
"And freezing."
"Is it?" said Pooh
"Yes," said Eeyore. "However," he said, brightening up a
little, "we haven't had an earthquake lately."
From "The House at Pooh Corner"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The House at Pooh Corner The old grey donkey, Eeyore stood by himself in a thistly corner of the Forest, his front feet well apart, his head on one side, and thought about things. Sometimes he thought sadly to himself, "Why?" and sometimes he thought, "Wherefore?" and sometimes he thought, "Inasmuch as which?" and sometimes he didn't quite know what he was thinking about.
From "Winnie the Pooh"
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2 am and all is well. LOL. I wish this was true. Head pounding and nauseated waiting for medication to kick in so I can go back to sleep. I thank everyone for their prayers and concern. I can pretty much handle the ups and downs in my life, because I have accepted God's plan for me. And this may be because I'm older( yeah 50 makes you older) and have more experience from God to help guide my way. But as you know when it's one of your babies going through a trial, it seems to hurt so much more. Anna is really down, I know all of this is for the Glory of God. But my mama's heart would much rather it be me have a trial right now and not my baby. But how do I expect them to grow in their faith and walk with God if they don't go through these trial in life. And my goodness this is nothing compared to God sending Jesus to us to be the sacrifice for our sins. I just makes me love him more. So help me pray that we go through this little trial in a way that God will be Glorified and someones life will be touched by how we handle our selves. Anna has been struggling with horrible headaches since back in October-November. When she went to the OB/GYN for regular check up they found that her prolactin levels were really high This in its self can cause many problems. Prolactin is made in the pituitary gland, one of many hormones that it makes. The pituitay gland is about the size of a pea and if you put your finger between your eye brows it is right about there. Really close to the optic nerve. They did a MIR that was pituitary specific and no large tumor was found, but that dose not rule out a micro adenoma of the pituitary gland(meaning tiny, tiny, tiny begin tumor). She has started on medication that has had to be changed 4 times trying to get control of the headaches. Nothing has worked for her headaches so they are sending her to a Neurologist. I made her go to the chiropractor thinking this would help the headache. No luck. Then all of the sudden she could not wear her contacts. Her vision was very blurry and she had to go to wearing her glasses all the time. So we went to get her eyes checked Tuesday, after going to have going to have blood drawn to see what the medication has done to correct the prolactin levels. We just thought it would be normal eye check, get new contacts and new glasses,and headaches would be gone. But the eye doctor found increased pressure on her optic nerves. which if you remember is right there at the Pituitay Gland. They took photos of the optic nerves, which were pretty cool. And the doctor sat with us to explain what she thinks is going on. Anna has an increased amount of cerebrospinal fluid, that is putting pressure on her optic nerve, hence the uncontrollable headaches. She goes this morning for visual field test to see if it is affecting her peripheral vision. All of this is really a blessing because it gives us more info to take to the neurologist. She will probably have to have a spinal tap to see what the pressure is and have some drained off. But because this is something the body makes all the time this may not fix the problem. The eye doctor said that there is medication she might could take, but I don't know of any and have not felt like reasurching it. Or she could have to have a shunt put in to take care of extra fluid. To place a shunt they go into the brain and put a tube in that drains the extra spinal fluid in to her abdominal cavity where her body get rid of it all by it's self. This is not a bad thing except that shunts can move or fail and sometimes it has to be done over and over. All of this on top of all she has went through with her knees( rehab and knee braces all the time and orthotics in her shoes) and tonsils(oh, yeah she may be having to have tonsils out). Has really gotten her down. As everyone know Depression is a major problem in my family so I worry about this also. So I have written this so that everyone will know what is going on and what to be praying about. !. that we show Christ in every step of this treatment process. 2. that our faith grows stronger in God through this trial. 3. that the problem can be fixed where the headaches go away, because her pain is getting worse and worse. 4. that we are accepting of God's plan. 5. that she doesn't fall in to a deep depression over all to these things. 6. and that she dosen't end up in an "earthquake" (quote from Eeyore) . We already call her our Eeyore, because she loves Eeyore so much. I just don't want her to turn in to him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ephesians 3:16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being,




No comments:

Post a Comment