Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Despair

Jeremiah 29:11 (NIV)
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

I have been feeling overwhelmed since February, The word despair, has come to mind. I have included the definitions of despair. These are scriptures that help me when I'm feeling alone in my battle. I thought I would share then this morning. Each and everyone of us are fighting our own battles. The devil will attack us on every side. We have to look to the Holy Bible to hear, (not just read) the words handed down from God and Jesus. Here are a few that give me comfort. If you need a little confront today, take a minute or 10 and read these scriptures. Then ponder them in your heart. They will lift you up. i pray your trials today are small, and that you seek the face of Jesus to help you handle them. Love ya, Lisa Freeman

de·spair
diˈspe(ə)r/Submit
noun
1.
the complete loss or absence of hope.
"driven to despair, he throws himself under a train"
synonyms: hopelessness, disheartenment, discouragement, desperation, distress, anguish, unhappiness; despondency, depression, disconsolateness, melancholy, misery, wretchedness; defeatism, pessimism
"let me help you during this time of your despair"
antonyms: hope, joy
verb
verb: despair; 3rd person present: despairs; past tense: despaired; past participle: despaired; gerund or present participle: despairing
1.
lose or be without hope.
"we should not despair"
synonyms: lose hope, abandon hope, give up, lose heart, lose faith, be discouraged, be despondent, be demoralized, resign oneself; be pessimistic
"don't despair if you can't find a job right away"
hopeless, in despair, dejected, depressed, despondent, disconsolate, gloomy, miserable, wretched, desolate, inconsolable;
disheartened, discouraged, demoralized, devastated, suicidal;
defeatist, defeatist, pessimistic
"a despairing look came over his face"

2 Corinthians 12:9 (NIV)
9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

1 Peter 5:7 (NIV)
7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.

Psalm 34:17-20 (NIV)
17 The righteous cry out, and the Lord hears them;
he delivers them from all their troubles.
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
19 The righteous person may have many troubles,
but the Lord delivers him from them all;
20 he protects all his bones,
not one of them will be broken.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NIV)
8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

2 Corinthians 4:8 (NIV)
8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;

No comments:

Post a Comment