Tuesday, May 6, 2014

When you feel like your under attack

I have been very quiet on Facebook this week. And have several people to ask why. This is the why, I have felt like my family has been under attack from the devil. And I haven't wanted to expose anyone else to his wiles.( He is a sneaky ole thing) I have posted 4 scriptures that seem to fit how I have needed to get thru the week, but to be completely honest I have failed miserably in following God's Holy word. I have not waited on the Lord as the scripture in Psalms tells me, God surley would not say to the devil have you considered my servant Lisa, there is none like her in the earth. As that may be a true statement, it is not true in the context of the book of Job, perfect and upright. Some times I feel like I'm the best worrier in the world...lol...not really a joke. I do not consider the Lilies of the field when I should, and how God even takes care of them at all times.

This has been treatment week at the Freeman House. I feel like God allowed all of this to happen this week because he knew Kerry Quinn would be in my home and would be my stability through this really hard week. Kerry Quinn I Thank God for you and all that you do for me spiritually, physically, and mentally. I would have been a total mess with out your wise words. ( Oh, and Joshua we figured out that Kerry has been wise since the age of 2, she has you beat...lol...sorry inside joke.) Karen Umphrey , Keli-Shannon Hood  Judy Phillips Bowlin, I also thank each of you for your prayers for me and my family. I wouldn't have made it with out the prayers of my loved ones going up.

First off everyone knows, I had bronchitis and 2 weeks later had walking Pneumonia, (I don't know why it's called walking Pneumonia because you can't walk when you have it, duh) then 2 weeks later I had Pleurisy, (the most painful thing I have had since child birth) that I'm still dealing with. And trying to be good so I don't get Pneumonia again, which is a very distinct possibility. So you can see my body is weak, perfect time for an attack from the devil. I'm trying to get better so I can go to Mammaw Swink's 100th birthday party next Saturday in Lexington NC. I so look forward to seeing and being able to hug my dear Mammaw, my super great cousins, my Aunts and Unkles. Rodney will be making that decision as late as Thursday. ( Oh and did I list lost of control over my life as one of my stressors) So Monday I received a huge shot of steroids for the Pleurisy, and started on 40mg a day for 10 days, plus with my IG I get 80mg of Solumedrol (as steroid) over the 4 days of the IG. So I think I have been in a steroid storm, I have cried all week. I didn't think any of y'all needed to have to listen to that (this is where you need to put Kerry and Rodney up for Sainthood). Every day this week one of my family got slapped in the face with a trial. Justin had to leave on storm work the 3 days after Carter got home. So Leslie has had to be a single mom all week with a 2 year old and a 2 week old ( she has done great, I am really proud of the mom she is, but it's still be hard, she just had huge surgery c- section) Chelsea's was Tuesday(again thank you Kerry Quinn could not have done it with out you). Wednesday Amy and Joshua were attacked. Anna was Thursday, with an car accident with one of her babies in the car with her. (horrible day) no one was hurt except for her new car and her heart. She has so worried about her baby. Car's can be replaced, so we are praising God that neither one was hurt. Friday our finances were under attack. I made a huge mistake in our check book, and I mean huge. Huge like my sister had to call be from the back before it opened to see what we could do to fix it, now I have had a real come apart. Thank you my wonderful sister Laura Bryant, you are the best sister in the whole world.
So you can see why I haven't posted much this week. I love all of you, and thank the ones who have checked in on me to see what was going on. I have been a crazy person this week. I would like to request that all of you pray that I will know what God's will is about going on the trip to NC. I so want to go but, I just can't get Pneumonia again because they said If I got it again it would most likely mean a hospital stay. I thank God it was treatment week and I had Kerry Quinn here with me all week. Kerry is one of my rocks. I can not put into words what her support means to me. Love you Kerry Quinn. I pray this week is better, but if it's not this is the scripture I will hold on too:
1 Corinthians 10:12-13
New International Version (NIV)
12 So, if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don’t fall! 13 No temptation has over taken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it.

Psalm 62
1 Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation.
2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.
3 How long will ye imagine mischief against a man? ye shall be slain all of you: as a bowing wall shall ye be, and as a tottering fence.
4 They only consult to cast him down from his excellency: they delight in lies: they bless with their mouth, but they curse inwardly. Selah.
5 My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from him.
6 He only is my rock and my salvation: he is my defence; I shall not be moved.
7 In God is my salvation and my glory: the rock of my strength, and my refuge, is in God.
8 Trust in him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before him: God is a refuge for us. Selah.

Job 2: 2 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the Lord, and Satan came also among them to present himself before the Lord.2 And the Lord said unto Satan, From whence comest thou? And Satan answered the Lord, and said, From going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.
3 And the Lord said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil? and still he holdeth fast his integrity, although thou movedst me against him, to destroy him without cause.4 And Satan answered the Lord, and said, Skin for skin, yea, all that a man hath will he give for his life.5 But put forth thine hand now, and touch his bone and his flesh, and he will curse thee to thy face.6 And the Lord said unto Satan, Behold, he is in thine hand; but save his life.

Matthew 6: 25 Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?27 Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature?28 And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:29 And yet I say unto you, That even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.30 Wherefore, if God so clothe the grass of the field, which to day is, and to morrow is cast into the oven, shall he not much more clothe you, O ye of little faith?31 Therefore take no thought, saying, What shall we eat? or, What shall we drink? or, Wherewithal shall we be clothed?32 (For after all these things do the Gentiles seek:) for your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things.33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.34 Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Love you all Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment