Sunday, October 15, 2017

Announcement of Aubrey

This was my post Oct 14, 2014. How little did we know that this precious gift would lift us up so much a year later when Rodney Freeman had his horrible life changing accident ( well life changing for normal people). That sweet snuggly baby made a lit of days better. So I thought it might be a good time to repost. Aubrey was wanted for a long time but she was sent in God's time. He knew then what our family would be facing. From then till death. That bright sweet very willful child has kept us on our toes. She has helped Gggaaamommy sew on everones quilt tops. Sitting on my lap amazed at the sewing machine. Helping me push fabric through. She gets up on my lap to help me crochet. Shebis Left handed, i haven't convenienced her yet she needs to sit looking at me instead of snuggled up to my chest. But s will. Pray for her mama and daddybad they try to conquer the terrible twos, without squashing that wonderful will she has. Help her learn her manners and I know that strong will that God has given her will take her far in life. But Lord please please help her learn her manners now so she don't get too much time out. love that baby. The dates just touched my heart this morning. Joshua did you realize the dates. I wrote this one year from when Daddy had surgery on his shoulder. God is so good.

Congratulations,  Joshua A. Freeman  and Amy R. Freeman on becoming parents. It is an awesome thing, with awesome responsibilities. I promise you to help with prayer anytime you need it, and even when you think your doing good I will hold you up in prayer. I promise to physically help you if she gets her nights and days mixed up or if she is a screamer and you just need a little break so you can get a nap. You will have a great responsibility in raising our little Aubrey Lynn in a good Christian Home. Remember this scripture, while you are raising your little lady.
Proverbs 22:6
6 Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.
The last verse is what makes the verse above it happen.
Ephesians 6:1-4 ESV Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right. (2) “Honor your father and mother” (this is the first commandment with a promise), (3) “that it may go well with you and that you may live long in the land.” (4) Fathers, do not provoke your children to anger, but bring them up in the discipline and instruction of the Lord.

It is OK to discipline your Child. She will be a better woman for it. You are not just caring for a baby you are raising a woman who one day will go out in the world. Start with day one to mold her into the woman you want her be.That goal should be a Godly Woman. If you do this all the other things will come easier for her.

Proverbs 23:13-14 Do not withhold discipline from a child; if you strike him with a rod, he will not die. If you strike him with the rod, you will save his soul from Sheol.

This last one reminds us that WE have to teach our children the ways of God.  Jesus Christ needs to be instilled in her heart early and often.

Deuteronomy 6:4-9 ESV “Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one. (5) You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your might. (6) And these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. (7) You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. (8) You shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. (9) You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. -
I am proud of the Man & Woman y'all have become, since you said your I DO's in front of God. You made a promise to each other but you also made a promise to God about your marriage. I'm just sooooooo sooooooo proud of you both.
I look forward to seeing Aubrey growing up. If you Love Jesus and I know you do, it will make raising her in the right way so much easier.  I know you will Love Aubrey with all your heart, because you have learned what real love is from Jesus.  Then these scriptures will be easy. Love y'all so much. The best GIFT I can give you for raising Aubrey, is when in doubt go to the Bible for your answers.

No comments:

Post a Comment