Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Be Strong? Very Hard for us Humans

Ephesians 6:10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
You know to be strong in God and the power of his might sounds so easy. Well let me tell all of us humans how hard this is. We let all of our little daily trial make us weak in God. We think Oh this is such a little problem, I can take care of it my self, why bother God with such a small thing. Well how do we stay strong in God if were not sharing everything with him. Take your best friend on earth, don't you share all your trials with them. Well what is God if he is not the best friend we will ever have. All he wants is for us to share our lives with him. Sometimes we are not strong because we just forget to talk to our best friend in this world. I am trying to be better about this, because i want the Lord's strenght and power in my life. Now this is not a promise that we want have troubles and trials, but that if we have God with us we can be strong and handle the things that come our way so much better.

6:11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Oh how heavy we think the armour of God is, but that is just untrue. Because God makes us strong and powerful enough to carry this armour with us every minute of every day. My weak shoulders will not carry the armour with out the strenght of God I'm my life. I have tried to put it on by my self before and it just doesn't work as well as when I ask him to help me with each part.

6:12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

6:13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

It plainly tells us how to stand. I forget that I can stand and fight against evil. I don't have to curl up in a ball on the ground and let evil kick me in the head. I have done this and it doesn't work you just end up with a terrible headache and you have done nothing to show God to other people.

6:14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; 6:15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; 6:16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.
6:17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: 6:18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; 6:19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel, 6:20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

So now we know what the WHOLE ARMOUR of GOD is, and the God will give us the strength and power to wear it. I am going to try my hardest to make God my very best friend and be strong and wear my armour with the pride of God. No matter what troubles and trials come along, I don't want to be guilty of just laying down anymore and letting evil kick me in the head. How about you, turn over every worry, care, trouble, trial, and those things that just don't seem fair to God and I believe he will give us peace. We still might have to go thru the fire but at least we will have on the armour that will protect us and we will come out victorious.

Daniel 3:14 Nebuchadnezzar spake and said unto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, do not ye serve my gods, nor worship the golden image which I have set up? 3:15 Now if ye be ready that at what time ye hear the sound of the cornet, flute, harp, sackbut, psaltery, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musick, ye fall down and worship the image which I have made; well: but if ye worship not, ye shall be cast the same hour into the midst of a burning fiery furnace; and who is that God that shall deliver you out of my hands? 3:16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter.

3:17 If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king.

3:18 But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up.



But if not: God is still God and he will see us thru anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment