Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Run Run Run

Run, Run, Run

Think about being a 4 year old little girl playing T-Ball for the very first time. You hit the ball off the Tee and everyone starts screaming RUN AUBREY, RUN. She runs like the wind. Then we're screaming stop on the base and she comes to an abrupt stop right on top of the base the ball no where near her. She runs like the wind. Then think about a 7 year old boy and a 5 year old boy playing chase in Grammy’s house. I have this great open concept house that has a great “running circle “.(Grammy loves it). Giggles, squeals, big laughs, and sometimes some cries but only at Grammy’s house. Running and squealing when there out side. Running is just fun, if you little it would seem. Then there’s little Rodney James who will be walking any day. He crawls so fast I can't even imagine how fast he will run. Grammy has bought her some in the house walking shoes, praying I might be able to keep up with RJ.  It's nice to have a dream. Run, run, run, that would describe Joshua these days. I’m so proud of him. He has taken back control of his health to the amount any human can. We can't change genetics or God's plan for our lives, but I’m proud he is trying to take care of his health.  He wants to see his daughter as a grown woman, a very nice goal. His running gives him goals and his meditation time with God like no other. He may not know it but he is bringing joy to people in the community.  Many different people have mentioned to me seeing him run and him waving.  And the smiles on their faces always make me smile. The other day I saw a rabbit run from one side of the pasture to the other in about 1 second flat. Now that's running.  All of this running has made me want to run… HA!!!! No really I wish I could run. But my left knee doesn't like to walk,  let alone think about running.  I recently had  new Pulmonary Function Test. It was much, much worse than the last one I had. Restrictive Lung Disease.  Primary cause  “Myasthenia Gravis”? MAYBE, MAYBE NOT. So more test, a High Resolution CT. Just means I laid on my back then on my stomach.  Yeah it sounded much cooler than that. It showed Ground-glass nodules.  One in my right upper lung.  Then Ground-glass airspace disease in the left and right lower lung greater in the right. What in the world is Ground- glass.  I have no clue. So I do the worst thing in the world I Googled it. WRONG, WRONG, WRONG!!! NEVER GOOGLE THINGS, NEVER, EVER NEVER…lol… So I have decided that, I have this because of having the Flu 3 times and pneumonia since the first of December.  I’ve had a bunch of blood work done that I haven’t heard from the doctor about. But I’ve looked at it and guess what I have autoimmune disease.  Lol… you have to laugh instead cry. Now back to running.  I want to run from Myasthenia Gravis, from Thyroid Cancer,(I go in two weeks for ultrasound and blood work, to check on that) IVIG a slight tiny reaction this last treatment, ( left me with a horrible, horrible, headache, worst I’ve had in years), and depression. My body is tired, but my depression is a tiny bit better though. I’m on a new medication and I think it’s helping.  But it guarantees to, make me gain weight, raise my blood pressure,  raise my cholesterol, wow what a great pill. But I am getting my brain chemistry back in balance.  And it seems to be keeping me from wishing I was dead every day, at least right now. So that is good. Maybe I want have to run from it much longer. I really do wish I could run like Joshua does, to help my with my weight( I know I’m fat it's not a secret,  it’s hurtful to my soul but I just can't get a handle on it) and my health.  Just imagine to be able to go out side and take off running to feel the air on your face the sweat running helping to cool your body the burn in your legs as they use your stored energy. To have an app on your phone that says you ran 12 miles you can eat an extra 1600 calories today, Hahahahahahaha.  That would be cool.
They just had a 5K race to raise money of Sarcoidosis. That is what my dear friend Jack, Kerry's husband has and he is on the lung transplant list.  Kerry walked it her goal was 50 minutes. Which I thought was great she made it in 53 minutes because she started talking to someone and she was pleased with her time. I told her 53 minutes was a great time much better than mine. And she said “ You are running the same race as me. Time doesn't count. Souls count.”   WOW, AND OH, SO TRUE.  Do we forget get the most important race we need to be running. Are we running for Jesus. Do we scream his name as we go on our journey.  I’m so guilty of having the poor pitiful me all the time, that I’m not running the important race. The race for Jesus.  The race to tell everyone that he was born to a virgin, he was crucified on a cross for my sins and the sins of the whole world, and the most important joyous part he rose from the grave on the 3rd day. The tomb is empty.  My Jesus is in heaven telling God the Father that I’m his. So let’s run the correct race first. Then these earthly races might just become a tiny bit more tolerable. A race is never easy. Just ask Joshua,  he doesn't race against people he races his 5K's and half Marathons against the clock. You have to train, you have to push your self, you have to go in the freezing cold, in the rain, in the blazing heat. The same goes for our race with and for God he never said it would be easy.  But he did say he would never leave us or forsake us.  The trail were running maybe full of obstacles,  things we have to climb over but God will always give us a hand up and catch us on the way down. I want to run like AUBREY when she’s running to first base. With utter focus and joy. I want my race for Jesus to be that focused and joyful. Love y'all.

Hebrews 12:1-2 King James Version (KJV)
12 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
Isaiah 40:30-31 30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:
31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount upwith wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

1 Corinthians 9:24-27
24 Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize.
25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever.
26 Therefore I do not run like someone running aimlessly; I do not fight like a boxer beating the air.
27No, I strike a blow to my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize.

2 Timothy 4:7-9
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the




































No comments:

Post a Comment