Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Hey everyone, I haven't posted this week. It was IG week. And of course my head is trying to split open, right now, but such is my life and I thank God that I am still able thru insurance to get the IG. I dread the day I can no longer get it, but that's another story, and we will cross that bridge when we come to it. I mainly wanted to say that while Kerry Quinn is in Africa on her medical mission. ( and please continue for her, Jack and the rest of the team, that they stay safe, well, and the strength for the long days, and that their trip home be safe) When she first found out that she and Jack could go on the mission trip she called me to talk about it. We decided if it was Gods will it would happen. And God laid it out so perfect for her and Jack. I knew they had to go. I knew she would be gone on my treatment week, but I knew if God wanted her there, he would take care of what was going on here. I kept asking her had she bought my ticket yet so that she could give me my IG in Africa...lol...I even threatened to stow away in the wheel well....Because even thought I knew this was Gods plan for her, I was scared. ( And yes my dear dear sweet Karen Umphrey, I know this was not about me...lol and thank you for always reminding me about that, I do need to hear it often ♥) I didn't know who would be coming to my home 4 days in a row and spend around 6 hours with me each day. So last month I had to make a choice of moving my treatment to the next week, which would have probably caused all kinds of problems with the insurance, they would say if you can go 5 weeks this time then we will only pay for every 5 weeks instead of 4. I try to keep my head down and not rock the boat where my insurance is concerned. They bill the insurance between$ 48,000.00 to $52,000.00 for each treatment. And no I didn't make a mistake and put too many 0's. Or my other choice was to have a young man come and do my infusion. So I choose the young man. Lucas, He is 28 years old, so I thought that would be ok, because he is around the same age as my boys, so I thought we would have things to talk about. He a big boy over six feet and the weight to go with it. I found out the last day he was as afraid of me as I was of him...lol.. I was his first IG patient and a nurse to boot. Lucas did a great job, we had many things in common and he was very easy to talk to. And I know God sent him here because I got to share my Salvation with him. A seed is planted pray that it is watered and fertilized by other people in his life. He is a real sweetie. I know God is in control and this visit with Lucas shows me that I need to work on my faith, trust, and obedience to God. God is good everyday, everyday God is good. Thank you Lord for putting Lucas in my life so I could share Jesus with him and my dear friend Judy Phillips Bowlin your life is what opened the door for this, I had a good cry one afternoon and that is what opened the door for the SHARING OF GOD. So Judy keep Lucas in your prayers, you helped plant the seed. I have let the people in charge know that any time Kerry can't be here I would like Lucas to come. I hope this isn't often, because I have been lost with out my Kerry wisdom. But I just want to praise God for taking care of me, oh ye of little faith , that's me,I and I can do all thing thru Christ which strengthens me. I keep all of you in my prayers and thank your for lifting me up to God in prayer. I will stay in the boat (God's Boat) when the storms of life come, it's the safest place to be.

Matthew 8: 23 And when he was entered into a ship, his disciples followed him.
24 And, behold, there arose a great tempest in the sea, insomuch that the ship was covered with the waves: but he was asleep. 25 And his disciples came to him, and awoke him, saying, Lord, save us: we perish. 26 And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm. 27 But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him! 28 And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two possessed with devils, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way.
 (4 photos)

No comments:

Post a Comment