Tuesday, August 12, 2014

I have been pretty quiet the last couple of weeks. First I was just whipped. My bones felt like melted butter. I have had so much trouble getting back to my new 100%, I hope none of you every have to have pneumonia followed by pleurisy, it is horrible. The only thing that had made me feel better was 2 little boys. Oh my our Logan and Carter are such joys to our hearts. God really knew what he was doing when he decided to give us babies to raise. You look at the joy in there eyes and you can't help but feel better. I wish I had a funny story to tell but I don't. I had my treatment last week and it was actually the best one I've had in a long time, no fever during and very little headache. ( Yea!!!!! Kerry Quinn after nearly 8 years we have the recipe right. or there were no bad druggies in those bags, not really sure which.) All of that came in the 3 days after. But during those days we were gifted with those precious boys. And Carter (now three months old, wow where did that time go) gave me a good talking to and made me feel so much better. Yesterday I felt the best I have felt since before Christmas, so I'm hopeful I am back on my IVIG plateau. And I will be able to stay there this go around. My flower bed are so sad looking. My house needs a good scrubbing from top to bottom ( you know wiping the base boards like we did every Saturday while growing up) If you come to visit please for my sake leave your white gloves at home. I will not pass that test ever again. Now I've said all of that to say this. There comes moments in each of our lives when we need to sit back, be still and know God. And let him tell us the reality of the life he has chosen for us. This is not the life I would have chosen, but it is the life he chose for me. And during this time we have to be completely honest with our selves, while we hide under the protection of his wings. We have to make our life mean something to him. Not to me but to God. We have to abide in his will for our lives. We are tasked with Loving our neighbor as our Self, so that means If I love my self enough to accept Jesus in my heart I should love everyone around me enough to want the same for them. And what time I have left on this earth should be used to show Jesus in my life. I fail at that every day, but GOD is always there to HELP me. So I really am trying to be Thankful for my life and I'm trying hard to make it count with God. If we are overwhelmed we do have a safe haven to rest and get our bearings and to evaluate what were supposed to be doing at this moment in time. And remember we are not promised the next moment. Have a good day, and see where you refuge should be in the scripture below, and know you don't have to fear the terror of the night or the arrows of the day.

Psalm 91:1 Whoever dwells in the shelter of the Most High
will rest in the shadow of the Almighty.[a]
2 I will say of the Lord, “He is my refuge and my fortress,
my God, in whom I trust.”
3 Surely he will save you
from the fowler’s snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,
and under his wings you will find refuge;
his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,
nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,
nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,
ten thousand at your right hand,
but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyes
and see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you say, “The Lord is my refuge,”
and you make the Most High your dwelling,
10 no harm will overtake you,
no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning you
to guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread on the lion and the cobra;
you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 “Because he[b] loves me,” says the Lord, “I will rescue him;
I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call on me, and I will answer him;
I will be with him in trouble,
I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life I will satisfy him
and show him my salvation.”(NIV)

No comments:

Post a Comment