Saturday, December 27, 2014

Down and Troubled in my Soul

When I get down and troubled in my soul these are some of my favorite scriptures.I thought I'd share these with y'all. I'm sitting here having not slept very well. And was reading these scriptures and I thought, if this is helping me deal with my trouble and trials they might be a help to someone else. We all have troubles and trials, some big, some little, that only you are dealing with today. And seems like we let the little eat at us more than the big ones. We think we can handle the little our self and we cry out to God to help with the big ones. There is some things that is going to trouble us each and every day. Remember God will never leave you, you can leave God but he always makes a way for us to come back to Him. Isn't that so wonderful. All we have to do is pray for strength and encouragement to deal with our problems. That in its self should encourage us. Thru our loving Saviour Jesus Christ, if we believe on his name and are saved by his Grace, we should be encouraged no matter what comes our way. Just as the Bible is filled with encouraging words, our hearts should also be filled with God’s promises. For during trying moments when we are in need of an encouraging word we can be certain to find comfort from the words of God that we have stored in our hearts from His Holy Word. So I want to share some encouraging Bible verses with you that I know to be helpful to us when we are in need of an encouraging word. Please read these scriptures and open your heart and you will have more blessings that our human minds can comprehend.
Cast thy burden upon the LORD, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved. (Psalms 55:22 KJV)
Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? there is no searching of his understanding. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might he increaseth strength. Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall:But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint. (Isaiah 40:28-31 KJV)
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. (Psalms 46:1-3 KJV)
I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you. (John 14:18 KJV)
The LORD also will be a refuge for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble. And they that know thy name will put their trust in thee: for thou, LORD, hast not forsaken them that seek thee. (Psalms 9:9-10 KJV)
The LORD is good, a strong hold in the day of trouble; and he knoweth them that trust in him. (Nahum 1:7 KJV)
They that sow in tears shall reap in joy. He that goeth forth and weepeth, bearing precious seed, shall doubtless come again with rejoicing, bringing his sheaves with him. (Psalms 126:5-6 KJV)
And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. (Romans 8:28 KJV)
Fear not: for I have redeemed thee, I have called thee by thy name; thou art mine. When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. For I am the LORD thy God, the Holy One of Israel, thy Saviour… (Isaiah 43:1-3 KJV)
And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. (Revelation 21:1-4 KJV)
The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. (Numbers 6:24-26 KJV)
But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:19 KJV)
Indeed, Paul knew what it meant to be abased and to abound, to be full and hungry and to suffer need. Yet in everything his faith would declare, “I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4:13 KJV)
Can I say the same thing? What’s my life really saying about Jesus? Am I truly at peace with God? Do I think my problems are greater than His solutions? Do I think my mess is too big for Him to clean up? Are you really willing to go wherever He wants to lead you? Do you really believe in Him? I tend to worry about what life will be like if I step out in faith and give God full control of my future. It’s as though I feel that I might miss out on some thing good. But what is there to miss out on when God wants to do nothing but good things for His children? Listen, I’m not telling you to place your trust in some human-being who could care less about you. What I’m talking about is trusting someone who loved me enough to die on the cross for my sins. My precious Lord Jesus Christ!
“He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not. He came unto his own, and his own received him not.” (John 1:10-11 KJV) Yet “God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.” – Romans 5:8 KJV
I need to rejoice instead mourning, and praising God rather than complaining to God. He loved me and will supply all my needs. Of course, you can choose to do the same. For Jesus loves you too! He will help you through your problems, no matter what they are or how many there are or how big or little they are.
“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.” – John 14:1-3 KJV
Indeed, the world offers us nothing but a dead end, but Jesus offers us eternal life. His love is the solution to our problems! And Paul said, “I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.” (Romans 8:38-39 KJV)
Be encouraged in Jesus! Remember, you have nothing to worry about in Jesus Christ. For “God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.” You need only to believe in Him to see that this is true! Be encouraged.
Love ya Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment